Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Recipe #11: Valentine's Day Chili

I didn't have dinner with huzbers on Valentine's Day since he was at work.  To be honest, we don't really care much about Valentine's Day.  If we do anything it usually involves something silly like giving each other joke presents (tacky light up roses from the gas station or something).  Yesterday turned out awesome though because huzbers made me dinner from my favorite cookbook Appetite for Reduction and it was waiting for me when I got home.  He even left little lime wedges out!  Adorable. 

Eating Chipotle Chili with sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts by yourself while watching Unites States of Tara is not most people's idea of romance but to me it pretty much ruled.  The recipe calls for crushed coriander seed.  He admitted that his first his plan was to smash the seeds with a hammer.  He ended up using a rolling pin instead.  

Yum! Not too shabby for someone who says they can't cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment