Sunday, February 6, 2011

Recipe #8: Tiggy's Walnut Pâté

Did you know that amazing things can happen when you soak nuts in water and then pulverize the living hell out of them in a food processor?  I always knew this in my heart I suppose.  After all, peanut butter and tahini are both totally outta sight!  I just feel like the day I made a salad dressing with cashews I opened a whole new world of possibilities.  In this recipe, walnuts are chopped, not pulverized (so go easy, tiger).  This fancy and fabulous party pâté is courtesy of Chef Tiggy:
 
3 cups walnuts, soaked in water
¼ cups soy sauce
¼ teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
2 scallions
2 carrots
2 celery stalks
1/4 -1/2 of a red pepper
Handful cilantro (optional)
1 clove garlic (or to taste)

Soak walnuts overnight.  Chop veggies into large chunks.  Drain walnuts and place together with veggies and remaining ingredients in food processor and process for 20-30 seconds.  Refrigerate until served.  Serve with pita, crackers, veggies, zucchini boats.

Loosely adapted from Raw Renegade    

No comments:

Post a Comment